Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Welcome to the New Blog of Imam Mahdi Bray

In the Name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I would like to welcome everyone to my new blog which has been created in order to share my thoughts, inspirations, and experiences with the world which will hopefully lead to feedback and dialogue with all people of good faith.

For those of you who do not know I am the Director of the Muslim American Society Freedom Foundation and I have a track-record of grassroots political activism going back to the 1960's when I protested against the Vietnam War, as I am protesting against the unjust war in Iraq today as a member of the steering committee of the ANSWER coalition, and I fought for the rights of African-Americans being oppressed by a racist system as a part of the civil-rights movement, as I stand in solidarity with the brothers in places such as Jenna, LA today.

My activism is inspired by my faith in Allah and I see it as a Muslim duty, and in the tradition of Prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him), to fight for social justice and peace and to work with people of all races, ethnicity's and creeds in the pursuit of this effort.

No comments: